We engage in learning to realize our best self and elevate humanity.
Dear Mattos Community,
Our staff is committed to supporting you through this unprecedented statewide Executive Order to Shelter in Place and in the transition to distance learning via Educate Everywhere. Here are the actions put in place to make sure our students continue to learn at the highest levels amidst these circumstances. The plans will evolve as we continue to understand best methods for maintaining personalized learning as per our Learning Community model, and flex with the varying needs of our families. It is our goal that even at a distance, we don't feel too far away. We will rise from this. After all, we are the Phoenix.
Week 1 | March 16
- Conduct a needs assessment with families and create an Educate Everywhere strategic plan
- Provide families with paper based material, supplies, and technology as needed
- Go live with Learning Community Google Classrooms for all students
- Create and post flexible learning plans for all students
- Introduce video conferencing via Google Meet to all students and conduct conferences with every student and family for personalized check-ins, introduction of Educate Everywhere, and answering questions.
- Post office hours for live support at each base
Week 2 | March 23
- Learn from Week 1
- Place resources on homepage and create an Educate Everywhere webpage
- Provide increased accessibility for student independence
- Improve differentiated learning through more targeted 1:1, small group, and whole group Google Meets
Learn more about Educate Everywhere at Mabel Mattos Elementary at our Mabel Mattos Elementary Educate Everywhere website here.