Mattos is currently a K-3 school. Mattos will open 2020-21 as a K-4 school and add one grade until we are a K-6 school. Click on the following link to visit our district website regarding enrollment and transfer.
You must enroll your child at your resident school based on your Milpitas resident address. If you do not know your resident school, please use the District's School Locator.
- If I am enrolling my child for TK for the 2020-21 school year, when will I know what school they will attend for TK? The district will evaluate space and assign a school in the summer and likely by late July.
- If my child was not selected in the kindergarten lottery, when will I know what school they will be assigned to for the 2020-21 school year? The district will evaluate space and assign a school in the summer and likely by late July.
- If my child is on a waitlist, how will I know when a seat is available? The Mattos School Office will contact you by phone as soon as the seat becomes available. Personal contact with you will be made before moving down the list. The office can not make predictions on when a seat will become available.
- Can I keep my place on the Mattos waitlist if I choose not to go to the MUSD overflow school and send my child elsewhere? No. Once your child is withdrawn from MUSD, you forfeit your place on the waitlist and will move to the bottom when you reenroll to MUSD.
- If my child is currently enrolled in TK for the 2019-20 school year, will they have priority in kindergarten? Yes
- Do they need to re-enroll? They do not need to re-enroll via Aeries Online Enrollment, however, you will need to provide proof of residency during the residency verification window early spring. Details are forthcoming.
- If I have a child already attending Mattos in another grade in the 2019-20 school year, will my enrolling kindergarteners have priority? Yes
- What is the enrollment process? It is the same as all new kindergarteners. Your child must enroll within the registration window for the lottery so we have a full headcount of sibling enrollments.
- What is the enrollment process for new 1st-4th graders? New students enrolling in 1st-4th grade for the 2020-21 school year will follow the standard district procedure. Therefore, students bring the required enrollment documentation to their home boundary school (Mattos) and will be placed on a list and seated as openings are available according to their completed date and time of enrollment.
- When will I know if my 1st-4th grader is enrolled at Mattos? All 1st-4th grade assignments are shared a few days before school starts. At that time, you will know if your child is confirmed for Mattos or on the overflow list. The plan is for all 1st-4th Graders to go to Mattos on the first day of school and anyone on the overflow list not seated at Mattos will be assigned to another school within the first 10 days of school.
- What is the expected date of completion for school construction? In other words, when will Mattos be fully open? All phases of construction are expected to be complete by July 2021 so that the school can fully enroll for all K-5 students in the 2021-22 school year and K-6 in the 2022-23 school year.